Thursday 2 December 2010

Dames Diary Five - Rehearsals have started!

Dames Diary
The farms very own Mother Goose has put pen to paper to share some of her thoughts in the run up to panto season! Watch this space for future jottings from her loveliness…

Hello my lovelies,
It is me, Mother Goose back for some more gossiping!
Well, the time has finally come and all the cast have come together to start rehearsing for Mother Goose. We all met at the Royal Spa Centre last week and had a good old catch up over a cup of tea and a few hobnobs before we started learning our lines.
We all have our scripts, ooh they are handy especially if we need to get a fire going he he!
Everyone is very excited, the principle boy – who I think is actually a girl – is getting into character and striding around the place and practising her thigh slapping! Demon King (urgh) has been getting into the part by avoiding all showers and his toothbrush – how lucky for the rest of us! Our lovely Jill has been trying on all of her costumes; oh she is a pretty wee thing.
Fairy Betty has been prancing about the place (typical!) and the adorable Archie has been busy getting to grips with his lines too, I have been helping him actually, he is such a lovely little man!
Oh our director is calling me, I can’t get a moments peace around here being the biggest star of the show! I haven’t made too many demands on my ‘rider’ just the usual – tea, shortbread, sausage sandwiches, flowers (pink ones), a TV (I need to keep up with the soaps you know) and my own personal stylist. I think that’s all fairly standard really!
So best dash dears!
Big kisses,
Mother Goose
Mother Goose will be appearing in Mother Goose at the Royal Spa Centre, Leamington Spa, from December 10th 2010 – January 3rd, 2011. For more information call the box office on 01926 334 418.

No comments:

Post a Comment